Kent Community Rail Partnership
The week before #RSW23 (to fit in with school timetables) Kent Community Rail Partnership visited educational settings with support from Network Rail and Southeastern to highlight:
- The importance of planning for safe rail travel
- Positive behaviours around stations and on trains
- Assistance available through BTP via ‘61016’ and Railway Guardian
- The dangers of trespassing
Activities included designing rail safety posters.
During #RSW23, Kent CRP shared how You vs Trains has no winners and that trespassing could result in catastrophic, life-changing and potentially fatal injuries.
They posted how simple tips like staying behind the yellow line and taking care when boarding and alighting trains help to keep you safe when you are travelling. Additional important tips posted:
- Don’t trespass on the tracks or retrieve any dropped items
- Be alert and text 61016 if you need to report an incident
Kent CRP wanted everyone to be able to say #IamTrainSafe during #RSW23 and signposted people to watch Network Rail’s film and take part in the quiz.
They also highlighted the ‘Rail to Refuge‘ initiative which helps those looking to escape domestic abuse. As well as the support that Samaritans provides to save lives – signposting the free helpline which is available round the clock on 116 123.
Plus, did you know that support is available to schools in Kent and Medway from South Eastern Railway and BTP Kent to help keep young people safe around the railway. Contact Kent CRP to find out more.