Lots of activity by the Rail Safety Week (RSW) team:
- Rail Forum, as the custodian of RSW on behalf of the industry, hosted the RSW launch Conference on Monday 26th June. Key recurring themes across the conference included using RM3 to drive safety improvements, making best use of technology, human factors and the importance of taking our people with us and the potential risks we face over the next few years as we lose significant numbers of people through retirement.
- Alongside the Conference, there were a number of short interviews filmed for broadcasting into schools with some of the guest speakers and industry representatives. These were filmed in collaboration with Stuart Heaton of Learn Live, the founder of Rail Safe Friendly. Interviewees included representatives from EMR, ORR, Community Rail, DfT, BTP, Shoosmiths, Tracsis, GBRTT, RSSB and Freightliner.
- We released a series of podcasts and videos during the week featuring some familiar faces in rail! These include:
- A rail safety spotlight with Network Rail’s Andrew Haines and our own Elaine Clark.
- A video of Rail Minister Huw Merriman MP
- A powerful and impactful video urging everyone to keep their health and wellbeing as a priority featuring Wendy McCristal, Clive Humphrey, Heidi Lee, Tim Bentley and Donna Hoffman.
- A podcast with Community Rail’s Karen Bennett and our own Jemma Smalls which explored the work Community Rail does around safety and a couple of the fantastic resources that are available.
- We ran two children’s competitions, a colouring competition and wordsearch. Winners of the competitions to be announced by the end of August!
- We are in the process of putting together a rail safety brochure which will be shared soon!
- We also engaged with and captured all the great activities and events held across the industry for #RSW23 – thank you to the 100+ organisations that got involved!