BUILDING SAFETY TOGETHER
RAIL SAFETY WEEK AT A GLANCE
Rail Safety Week is an industry lead initiative focusing on rail safety for all. Whether your career lies within the rail industry, or whether you use the railways to get from A to B – Rail Safety affects us all. Rail Safety Week aims to address, engage, promote and bring rail safety to the forefront of people’s minds across a dedicated week.
Working in partnership with leading names in the rail industry, health and safety conferences, site briefs and school safety based events will be held across the UK in order to promote the vital importance of rail safety to each and every one of us – “Building Safety Together”
WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
To raise the profile of the importance of Rail Safety within the UK
To work collaboratively with leading names to successfully deliver Rail Safety Week
To bring the industry together delivering the same message across a dedicated week
And ultimately to prevent accidents, fatalities, and deaths in and around the rail infrastructure.
One Vision, One Industry.
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
· Rail Safety Week signature block on emails.
· Posters displayed in the offices, depots, site offices.
· Visiting schools to conduct Rail Safety presentations.
· Safety stand-down day/morning/afternoon.
· Additional safety briefs across the RSW week
· NR Safety Trucks to visit sites across the UK
· Pushing out a safety reminder internally regarding work injuries (posters, toolboxes, etc.)
· Regular Twitter updates throughout the week.
· Meet the People events on stations and on trains – TOC’s
· Encourage employees and members of the public to tweet a photo holding up a sign either pledging their commitment to rail safety or telling us what they will do to stay safe around trains and tracks.
· Dedicated company champions/Ambassadors
· Intranet, LinkedIn and social media campaigns
· Supplying RSW posters and information packs to offices & depots
· Running a coloring in competition for the children of employees to win RSW prize packs.
· Rail Safety Rabbit dressed in PPE visiting schools across the UK throughout the week promoting safety.
· End of week conference – HSQE professionals to attend and share ideas, speakers and possibly an awards ceremony
Lisa Lewis, Route Community Safety Manager – Network Rail
John Ryan, Rail Operations Officer - TfGM
Chris Leech, Business Development Manager - RSSB
Asif Ahmed, Director – Rail Media
James Denny - Network Rail